A Survey Could Be Coming Your Way
A 2015 Consumer Assessment of Health Providers & Systems (CAHPS) Survey will be sent out soon to select members. If you get a survey, we urge you to share your thoughts.
Find What Matters to You: Plans, Providers and Medications
$0 or low monthly premiums.
Many plans with no deductibles.
No or low co-payments for primary care physician (PCP) visits.
More benefits than traditional Medicare.
Prescription drug coverage with most plans. (Just looking for drug coverage? View our stand-alone prescription drug plans.)
- Find and compare a WellCare plan in your area. Search and compare the WellCare plans in your area to find one that works best for you.
- Explore our provider network. Find doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and other providers near you. Our network gives you access to a variety of highly qualified professionals and facilities.
- Search our drug list (formulary) for your medications. You'll find both brand-name drugs and cost-saving generics.
- Find important member materials and forms. Our member materials page includes authorization forms, summary of benefits and evidence of coverage documents, member rights and much more.
- Enjoy healthy-lifestyle discounts. Members save with special offers on alternative medicine providers, medical alert systems, weight-loss programs and more.
Do more online!
Current members can register on our secure, member-only website, where you can check a claim status, pay your monthly premium, update your account information and more. Get started today!
Enjoy the safety, reliability and convenience of having your prescriptions mailed directly to your door. Receive a three-month supply of your medication and standard shipping is always free.*
For important information about WellCare’s Medicare Advantage coverage including eligibility, benefits and more, please see our Conditions and Limitations page.
You have the right to file a grievance or provide feedback directly to Medicare about our plan. Complete and submit the Medicare Feedback and Complaint Form.
Medicare has an Office of the Medicare Ombudsman (OMO) that can help you with complaints, grievances and information requests. Visit Medicare.gov for more information about Medicare and/or assistance with complaints and grievances.
*These savings occur when you use WellCare’s network mail-service pharmacy that offers preferred cost-sharing, instead of a network retail or mail-service pharmacy that offers standard cost-sharing. Other pharmacies are available in our network.
WellCare (HMO) is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in WellCare (HMO) depends on contract renewal.
You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium.
Y0070_NA027269_WCM_WEB_ENG CMS Approved
Last modified: 10/27/2014