WellCare of Georgia will be offering new expanded benefits to Medicaid Members, effective June 1, 2016
Over-the-Counter (OTC) Benefits
- Members can receive a $12 credit for OTC items every month, for a total of $144 per year. Members can order items such as diapers, sunscreen, aspirin and more. Items can be mailed directly to the Member’s home.
Healthy Rewards Program Update
- Free reloadable VISA debit card for Members who complete certain healthy behaviors, such as visiting a PCP, going to prenatal and postpartum visits, and getting checkups.The more healthy behaviors that are completed, the more healthy rewards Members can earn.
Girl Scouts Membership
- Free Girl Scouts Membership for girls, ages 5–18, who join the program during the school year. WellCare will cover the $15 annual membership fee, and the $15 supply fee for badges and patches.
- Wellcare will cover a one-year annual membership for adults, age 21 and over, who are interested in joining the Girl Scouts program.
Adult Vision Benefit
- Free eye exam (one per year) for Members, age 21 and over, with no co-pay.
- $50 toward glasses for Members age 21 and over. Members can choose glasses outside of what is covered by Medicaid.
- Adult Members, age 21 and over, also have the option to receive one of the following four upgrades during the year:
- Scratch-resistant coating
- Polycarbonate lenses including UV
- Anti-reflective coating