March 29, 2022
Dear Valued Provider:
As you may know, Wellcare Health Plans has contracted with CareCentrix to manage home health services for our Medicare and SNP members in Connecticut, with a new effective date of July 1, 2022.
Here are the key details:
- CareCentrix will manage authorizations for Medicare and SNP home health services.
- CareCentrix will manage claims for Medicare and SNP home health services.
- CareCentrix will contract, credential, and manage a network of independent home health agencies for Medicare and SNP members.
- Independent home health agencies will need to sign a new contract directly with CareCentrix prior to July 1, 2022, to remain a participating provider.
- CareCentrix will not contract, credential, or manage a network of hospital-owned home health agencies for Medicare and SNP members. Wellcare will retain this responsibility.
- These changes will not affect contracts, authorizations, or claims for other lines of business with Wellcare.
If home health providers do not obtain authorization from CareCentrix for Medicare and SNP home health services on or after July 1, 2022, claims may be denied.
Providers will be required to submit claims to CareCentrix for Medicare and SNP home health services delivered on or after July 1, 2022. If claims are submitted to Wellcare, they will be rejected.
CareCentrix will contact you shortly to provide information about training for authorization and claims processes you will begin using on July 1, 2022. Independent home health agencies will also receive information about the contracting process.
If you have questions about Wellcare services, please call Provider Services at (855) 538-0454 or contact your Provider Relations representative.
Vice President, Medicare Market