A: There are five easy ways to enroll. Choose the one that works best for you.
- Enroll online: View our plans and complete your application online.
- Enroll over the phone: Our representatives can enroll you right over the phone. Call 1-877-236-7162, during the hours of 8 a.m. and 2 a.m. EST.
- Enroll at Medicare.gov: Medicare beneficiaries may also enroll in Wellcare through the CMS Medicare Online Enrollment Center located at Medicare.gov.
- Contact a licensed Medicare Sales Broker: They will be able to walk you through different plans and help you select the one that is best for you.
- Enroll by mail or fax: Download, print and complete our enrollment form. Return your completed and signed form to us by fax or mail using the contact information on the form.
A: To search for your medications you can view our online formulary:
- Wellcare Classic Plan
- Wellcare Value Plus Plan
- Wellcare Value Script Plan
You may also request a mailed copy by chatting live with a representative on our member portal or by calling Member Services at 1-888-550-5252 (TTY: 711) between Oct. 1 and March 31, Monday through Sunday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. or April 1 and Sept. 30, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.Q: When can I enroll or make a plan change into a prescription drug plan?
A: You can join switch or leave a prescription drug plan at these times:
Initial Coverage Election Period
The Medicare Initial Coverage Election Period is based on the month of your 65th birthday. You can enroll as early as three months before your birthday month or as late as three months after your birthday month.
Annual Enrollment Period (AEP)
The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period is from October 15 to December 7, during this time you can:
- Enroll in a Medicare Part D or Medicare Advantage plan from Original Medicare
- Enroll from one Medicare Part D or Medicare Advantage plan to another
- Enroll in original Medicare from a Medicare Advantage Plan
Changes made to coverage during this time would take effect January 1 of the new plan year.
Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (MA OEP)
The Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period starts January 1 and ends on March 31. During this period, members enrolled in Medicare Advantage can:
- If you’re in a Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage), you can switch to another Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage)
- You can drop your Medicare Advantage Plan and return to Original Medicare. You will also be able to join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
The effective date for the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period election is the first day of the month after we receive the enrollment request.
Special Enrollment Periods (SEP)
You could qualify for a Special Enrollment Period during any month when certain events happen in your life. Reasons you could qualify include:
- You have changed your permanent residence
- You have recently moved to a new service area
- You want to switch to a plan with a 5-star overall quality rating.
A: Use our helpful Plan Comparison tool. to compare your Wellcare plans options and choose the plan that’s right for you.
With our plan comparison tool, you can review plan details, compare prescription drug costs, and more!Q: What is a Formulary?
A: A formulary lists the drugs your plan covers.
If you are working with a licensed sales representative, he or she will have a copy of the formulary and can help you look up the medications you take. You can also find the formulary online at Wellcare.com/PDP, or request a copy by calling the number on the back of your ID card.Q: What Pharmacies can I use?
A: To see preferred and standard pharmacies for your What pharmacies can I use plan, please visit our Find a Provider Tool.
A: The Extra Help subsidy helps people who have limited income and resources to pay Medicare prescription drug program costs.
These costs are things like premiums, deductibles and co-payments/co-insurance.
Depending on your income and resources, you may qualify for Extra Help.
Find out if you qualify for Extra Help. Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; TTY users may call 1-877-486-2048. Or apply online, call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), or contact your state Medicaid Office.
A: There are many ways you can make your premium payment with us.
- Set up AutoPay or make a one-time payment through our secure online member portal.
- Deduction from your Monthly Social Security or Railroad Retirement Board Check
Call Member Services at 1-888-550-5252 (TTY 711) to get more information and set up these deductions.
- By Phone: Call 1-888-550-5252 and select the billing option.
- Online Guest Pay: Enter your member ID and email address if you would like a confirmation email. An email address in not required.
- Check or Money Order: Make your check or money order payable to Wellcare and send to:
Wellcare Health Plans, Inc.
PO Box 75510
Chicago, IL 60675-5510
Please ensure you include your member ID on the check or money order.
- Pay with Cash: Use your member ID or payment coupon to pay with cash at CheckFreePay locations. To find a CheckFreePay location near you, call 1-800-877-8021 or go to checkfreepay.com.
A: A Late Enrollment Penalty (LEP) is an amount added to your Medicare Part D monthly premium.
The cost of the Late Enrollment Penalty depends on how long you went without Part D or creditable prescription drug coverage. Members may owe a Late Enrollment Penalty for any continuous period of 63 days or more after their Initial Enrollment Period is over, or go without one of the following:
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D)
- A Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C) (like an HMO or PPO) or another Medicare health plan that offers Medicare prescription drug coverage
- Creditable prescription drug coverage (current or former employer or union, TRICARE, Indian Health Service, the Department of Veterans Affairs, CHAMPVA, or health insurance coverage)
When you enroll in a Part D plan it is important to provide information about prior coverage if you are not enrolling upon turning age 65.
A: Become a Wellcare Brokers interested in partnering with Wellcare may contact Become a Wellcare Broker Support Call Center at 1-866-822-1339 for further details.Q: How do I get information about company health plans?
A: To learn more about our combined product offering, what’s new and market-specific benefits, please visit
Wellcare First Look/Portfolio At A Glance.
A: Wellcare is here for you! For support, brokers can contact our Have Questions Support Call Center, submit a Support Ticket online through Centene Workbench, our Have Questions Portal, or reach out to dedicated local support.
Refer to our Sales Leadership Contacts list for local support.
Find additional Wellcare contacts with our Contacts and Resources page.
A: Watch the videos and see why we are so passionate about serving our members and the communities in which they live!
Video: A Mission To Serve - Wellcare Health PlansQ: How can I find out if Wellcare is hiring?
A: Visit our Careers page to see current openings.