Medication Therapy Management : Services
A Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR) is a consultation with a pharmacist or other qualified healthcare provider. The CMR takes approximately 30 minutes and may be conducted over the phone or face-to-face and can be conducted at a time convenient for you. WellCare provides CMRs with support from the University of Florida Medication Therapy Management Communication and Care Center (UF-MTMCC) and contracted pharmacies.
Your CMR Will Assess:
- Why each medication is prescribed and whether any medications are potentially unnecessary.
- If each medication is effective.
- If each medication could be causing side effects, worsening other health conditions, or interacting with other medications.
- If a medication regimen can be made more affordable or simplified (such as fewer pills or a more convenient dosing schedule).
- If medications are being taken appropriately to get the most benefit from them.
- If an additional medication could benefit your health.
- If barriers exist which prevent you from taking your medication (such as transportation to the pharmacy, side effects or cost).
After the phone conversation, you will be provided with two documents via the mail:
A Medication Action Plan (MAP):
Includes steps you should take to get the best results from your medications.
A Personalized Medication List (PML):
Helps you keep track of your medications and how to use them properly.
- A blank PML to track additional medications is available for download. (English / Spanish)
You are not required to participate in a CMR. However, if you choose not to participate, you may still remain in the MTM program.
Targeted Medication Review
A Targeted Medication Review (TMR) is a service provided by the Healthy Living Program to target key drug therapy problems and/or medication safety concerns. You and/or the healthcare provider prescribing your medications may be contacted as a result of a TMR. If you are contacted, the review lasts approximately 10 minutes and can occur either over the telephone or face-to-face. WellCare provides TMRs with support from the University of Florida –Medication Therapy Management Communication and Care Center (UF-MTMCC) and contracted pharmacies.
You will also automatically receive seasonal issues of the “Healthy Living: with Medication Therapy Management” newsletter. Topics covered may include nutrition and its effects on chronic conditions, the importance of taking medications correctly, coping with depression or other health conditions and more.
Health and Medication Resource Center
You also have complete access to our HealthWise Knowledgebase. This website is a one-stop source of information on topics ranging from illnesses, first aid and treatment, prescription drugs, and medical tests and procedures.
You also have access to the HealthLine Hotline is available to enrolled members Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern. A knowledgeable, friendly HealthLine Hotline representative can be reached via phone at 1-866-339-2787 (TTY users dial 711) or via email at MTMQuestions@wellcare.com.
For More Information
- Call the MTM HealthLine Hotline at 1-866-339-2787 (TTY users dial 711), Monday – Friday, 9am to 7pm Eastern.
- Send an email to MTMQuestions@wellcare.com.
Y0070_NA023899_WCM_WEB_ENG CMS Approved
Last modified: 01/01/2014