Medicare : Enroll
Who Can Enroll
A WellCare Medicare Advantage Plan is for you if you:
- Live in our plan’s service area.
- Are entitled to Medicare Part A.
- Are enrolled in Medicare Part B.
- Do not have End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), with limited exceptions, such as if you develop ESRD when you are already a member of the plan that we offer, or you were a member of a different plan that was terminated.
When to Enroll
Medicare guidelines say you can join, switch or leave a Medicare Advantage plan at these times:
- Initial Coverage Election Period (ICEP) - The ICEP is the first chance for you to enroll when you first become eligible for Medicare. If you are about to turn 65, you can enroll up to three months before to three months after the month you turn 65.
- Annual Election Period (AEP) - AEP is from October 15 through December 7 of every year. You can enroll if you never enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan or if you want to switch plans. Coverage begins January 1 of the following year.
Special Election Period (SEP) - You may be granted a SEP by CMS allowing you to change plans during the year outside the Annual Election Period or Initial Coverage Election Period. Special Election Periods are time sensitive. If you are granted a Special Election Period, you may choose to enroll in a WellCare plan. Some examples of situations where you may be granted a Special Election Period include but are not limited to:
- You receive Extra Help.
- You moved out of the service area.
- You live in an institution.
How to Enroll
There are four easy ways to enroll. Choose the one that works best for you.
- Enroll online. View our plans and complete your application online.
- Enroll by mail. Download, print and complete our Enrollment Form. Mail it to WellCare at P.O. Box 31392 Tampa, FL 33631-3392.
- Enroll over the phone. Our representatives can enroll you right over the phone. For a list of telephone numbers, visit our Contact Us page.
- Enroll at Medicare.gov. Medicare beneficiaries may also enroll in WellCare through the CMS Medicare Online Enrollment Center located at http://www.medicare.gov/.
You may also want to view our:
Y0070_NA027896_WCM_WEB_ENG CMS Approved
Last modified: 01/01/2015