Staywell Opens Doors to Valuable Coverage.
Staywell Health Plan (Staywell) provides health care and long-term care services to people who qualify for Florida Medicaid. Florida’s Medicaid program is called the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care (SMMC) Program.
Staywell offers the following types of plans in the SMMC program:
- Managed Medical Assistance (MMA): Provides health care services like doctor visits and emergency care and covers prescription drugs
- Long-Term Care (LTC): Provides long-term care services, such as nursing facility services and home and community-based services. Contact the Department of Elder Affairs’ Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRC) to complete the screening. Learn more about Staywell's Long Term Care (LTC) Plan.
- Specialty: Similar to MMA, but with specialized care for members with serious mental illness (SMI). Learn more about Staywell’s Specialty Health Plan.
Some members have both MMA and LTC plans. This means that Staywell covers both health care and long-term care services for these members.
Staywell also offers valuable programs and support. This includes extra benefits.
If you are Staywell member, please review the member handbook. The handbook will help you understand how the plan works. It will also let you know what services are covered.
Do you have questions?
We are happy to help you. Call Staywell toll-free at 1-866-334-7927 (TTY 711), Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–7p.m.
You can visit us too! We have Welcome Rooms throughout the state of Florida. Representatives are there to answer your questions. They can help with things like:
- Updating your address
- Changing your Primary Care Provider (PCP)
- Ordering over-the-counter (OTC) items and more
Call us to find a location near you.
Not a member yet?
To enroll with Staywell, you must be eligible for Florida Medicaid. You can call Medicaid Choice Counseling toll-free at 1-877-711-3662 (TTY 1-866-467-4970), Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–8 p.m., and Friday, 8 a.m.–7 p.m. You can also visit the SMMC website at www.flmedicaidmanagedcare.com. A Medicaid Choice Counselor will help you select a plan.
Staywell Health Plan is a Managed Care Plan with a Florida Medicaid contract. The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information, contact the Managed Care Plan. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or copayments/coinsurance may change.
MMA/LTC: Staywell Health Plans serves all areas in Florida except Broward County.
SMI: Staywell Health Plans serves all counties in Florida.