Staywell Opens Doors to Valuable Coverage.
Staywell Health Plan (Staywell) provides health care and long-term care services to people who qualify for Florida Medicaid. Florida’s Medicaid program is called the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care (SMMC) Program.
Staywell offers the following types of plans in the SMMC program:
- Managed Medical Assistance (MMA): Provides health care services like doctor visits and emergency care and covers prescription drugs
- Long-Term Care (LTC): Provides long-term care services, such as nursing facility services and home and community-based services
- Specialty: Similar to MMA, but with specialized care for members with serious mental illness (SMI). Learn more about Staywell’s Specialty Health Plan
Some members have both MMA and LTC plans. This means that Staywell covers both health care and long-term care services for these members.
Staywell also offers valuable programs and support. This includes extra benefits.
If you are Staywell member, please review the member handbook. The handbook will help you understand how the plan works. It will also let you know what services are covered.
Do you have questions?
We are happy to help you. Call Staywell toll-free at 1-866-334-7927 (TTY 711), Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–7p.m.
You can visit us too! We have Welcome Rooms throughout the state of Florida. Representatives are there to answer your questions. They can help with things like:
- Updating your address
- Changing your Primary Care Provider (PCP)
- Ordering over-the-counter (OTC) items and more
Call us to find a location near you.
Not a member yet?
To enroll with Staywell, you must be eligible for Florida Medicaid. You can call Medicaid Choice Counseling toll-free at 1-877-711-3662 (TTY 1-866-467-4970), Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–8 p.m., and Friday, 8 a.m.–7 p.m. You can also visit the SMMC website at www.flmedicaidmanagedcare.com. A Medicaid Choice Counselor will help you select a plan.
Staywell Health Plan is a Managed Care Plan with a Florida Medicaid contract. The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information, contact the Managed Care Plan. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or copayments/coinsurance may change.
Staywell Health Plans serves all areas in Florida except Broward County.
Staywell Plan Documents
Provider Directories (by county)
Helpful Staywell Information
- 24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line
- Free 24-Hour Nurse Advice Hotline
- Health Plan Report Card
- Staywell Does Not Tolerate Discrimination
- Incentives and Discounts
- Member Services
- Find A Provider
24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line
Our 24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line is 1-855-606-3622. If you or a family member is having a behavioral health crisis, call this number. A trained person will listen to your problem. He or she will help you decide the best way to handle it.
Nurse Advice Line
Staywell Report Card
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) tracks data on the state’s Medicaid health plans. This is done every year. The AHCA website has the Staywell ratings.
Discrimination is Against the Law
Staywell complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English
If you need these services, contact Staywell at 1-866-334-7927 (TTY: 711), Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., for help. You can ask Member Services to put you in touch with our Staywell Civil Rights Coordinator, Colleen A. Dupre if you think you have been discriminated against.
If you believe that Staywell has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way you can file a grievance. Staywell Non-Discrimination Notice provides you information on how to file a grievance.
Incentives and Discounts
We offer incentives and discounts to members who follow a healthy lifestyle.
You can get things like:
- Member Discount Card
- Free Baby Stroller or Portable Playpen delivered to your home
- Healthy Rewards Card–reloadable debit card
- $50 a year for being healthy
Please see this flyer for discounts on Over-the-Counter items from Family Dollar, Fred's and Meijer.Call 1-866-334-7927 to learn more about this.
We are here for you weekdays 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Member Services numbers to call are:
- Staywell: 1-866-334-7927
- TTY (All Plans): 1-877-247-6272