Need Help Getting to Appointments?
At Wellcare, we help put you on the road to better health care. That is why Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) is an extra benefit in many of our plans.
About the Transportation Benefit
- Transportation to plan-approved health care providers (mileage and number of trips per day limits apply)
- Advance notice required to schedule appointments
- Available during regular business hours and after hours for urgent needs
Approved locations include, but are not limited to:
- Physician and dentist offices
- Prescription pick-ups
- Dialysis treatment
- Rehabilitation (Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapy)
- Radiation therapy
Our Service Is Easy to Use
Just call us 72 hours in advance. (If you have a sudden illness, like the flu, you can get same-day scheduling for urgent doctor appointments.)
Special Needs Accommodation
If you need a vehicle that accommodates a wheelchair or a stretcher, just let us know when you call. We will make sure you have access to the services you need.