When you are ready to decide on a plan, take the time to understand how the plans work. That way, you can make an informed decision and choose the plan that's right for you.
Different PDPs Cover Different DrugsThe federal government has specific guidelines for the types of medications we must cover as well as a minimum standard of benefits we must follow.
Each plan has a formulary (a list of covered drugs) that meets these requirements as required by law. Keep in mind, not all plans are the same. They may vary in cost or specific drugs covered.
If you enroll in a Medicare Part D plan, please review the plan's formulary to ensure it will meet your prescription drug coverage needs.
If You Have a Current Medicare Advantage PlanIf your Medicare Advantage Plan includes prescription drug coverage and you join a Medicare PDP, you will be disenrolled from your Medicare Advantage Plan and returned to Original Medicare with your Medicare PDP.
Late Enrollment Penalty (LEP)If you decide not to join a Medicare PDP when you are first eligible, and you don't have other creditable prescription drug coverage (at least as good as Medicare's), for 63 days or more, or you do not get Extra Help, you will likely pay a late enrollment penalty. The Late Enrollment Penalty (LEP) amount will be added to your premium and sent to Medicare.
When It Comes to Coverage, You Have Options:
- You can get Medicare prescription drug coverage through a Medicare PDP (Part D).
- You can sign up for a Medicare Advantage plan (HMO or PPO) or other Medicare health plan that offers Medicare prescription drug coverage.
For descriptions of a variety of Medicare terms, view our glossary of terms.
More Savings. More Coverage. Caring Service.
- Low premiums and no or low copays on Tier 1 drugs on our Classic plan to stretch your health care dollar.
- No deductible and $0 co-payments on Tier 1 drugs on our Extra Plan beginning day one.
- $0 co-payments for Tier 1 drugs and significant savings on other Tiers when using our mail service pharmacy that offers preferred cost sharing.*
- $0 or low co-payments for Tier 1 drugs at network retail pharmacies.**
- More than 60,000 network pharmacies nationwide.
- Customer Service representatives are ready to help you with any questions about your coverage or medications.
For a complete list of drugs covered by our plan, please call Customer Service.
WellCare Prescription Insurance Inc.’s pharmacy network offers limited access to pharmacies with preferred cost sharing in suburban areas of OK, OR, WA, ID, UT, AL, TN, MO, ME, NH, CO, and AK. The lower costs advertised in our plan materials for these pharmacies may not be available at the pharmacy you use. For up-to-date information about our network pharmacies, including pharmacies with preferred cost sharing, please call 1-888-550-5252 (TTY only, call 711) or consult the online pharmacy directory at www.wellcare.com/PDP.
* You can fill your prescription at any network pharmacy. These savings occur when you fill your prescription at our network mail service pharmacy that offers preferred cost-sharing. Your co-pay at a network pharmacy that offers standard cost sharing may be higher. ** See the Summary of Benefits.