Extra Support to Manage Your Health
Managing your health care alone can be hard. If you need extra support to get and stay healthy, we can help. As a member of WellCare of North Carolina, you may have a Care Manager on your health care team. A Care Manager is a specially trained health professional. They work with you and your doctors to make sure you get the right care when and where you need it.
Your Care Manager can:
- Coordinate your appointments and help arrange for transportation to and from your doctor
- Support you in reaching your goals to better manage your ongoing health conditions
- Answer questions about what your medicines do and how to take them
- Follow up with your doctors or specialists about your care
- Connect you to helpful resources in your community
- Help you continue to receive the care you need if you switch health plans or doctors
WellCare of North Carolina can also connect you to a Care Manager who specializes in supporting:
- People who need access to services like nursing home care or personal care services to help manage daily activities of living like eating or bathing and household tasks
- Pregnant women with certain health issues such as diabetes or other concerns such as wanting help to quit smoking
- Children from birth to age 5 who may live in stressful situations or have certain health conditions or disabilities
At times, a member of your Primary Care Provider’s (PCP’s) team will be your Care Manager. To learn more about how you get can extra support to manage your health, talk to your PCP, OB care provider or call Member Services at 1-866-799-5318.