In Lieu of Services
In Lieu of Services (ILOS) is an affordable alternative to a covered service. Our ILOS are thoughtfully selected to assist our Members.
They can help members avoid costly behavioral health treatments like:
- In‐patient hospital stays
- Emergency department visits.
Here are a list of the ILOS and reasons that may be an appropriate option for treatment and care of our members:
Intensive Outpatient for Mental Health (IOP)
- For members with a behavioral health diagnosis needing more intensive care (but not inpatient treatment); or
- Members discharging from inpatient care who need more than outpatient support
- Differs from Partial Hospitalization in that it is less intensive, fewer hours, and does not require the physician oversight that PHP requires
- It includes evidence-based therapies, including: Motivational interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
Rapid Care Services
- For members experiencing a behavioral health crisis that meets emergent or urgent triage standards
- It provides Rapid Care Services within an urgent care setting.
Institute for Psychiatric Care
- For members with Mental Health (MH) and Substance Use Disorders (SUD) who require inpatient behavioral health treatment.
Behavioral Health Urgent Care
- Provides urgent care standalone services for a member experiencing a behavioral health crisis that meets emergent or urgent triage standards.
Behavioral Health Crisis Assessment and Intervention
- For members experiencing an urgent or emergency crisis for mental illness and/or substance use
- This service is provided outside of a hospital setting, with staff dedicated to behavioral health crisis evaluation and response.
Programs for High Risk Populations
- Provides transitional step down services and support to members with complex medical and behavioral health conditions and unmet social needs.
Deciding if an ILOS is the correct approach is a team effort. We will work with your provider and/or Care Manager to make the best choice. The choice however, is still yours. You are not required to participate in any of these programs.