WellCare of North Carolina will provide or arrange for most services you need. Your health benefits can help you stay as healthy as possible if you:
- Are pregnant
- Are sick or injured
- Experience a substance use disorder or have behavioral health needs
- Need assistance with tasks like eating, bathing, dressing or other activities of daily living
- Need help getting to the doctor’s office
- Need medications
You can get some services without going through your Primary Care Provider (PCP). These include:
- Primary care
- Emergency care
- Women’s health services
- Family planning services
- Children’s screening services
- Services provided at local health departments
- School-based services
- Some behavioral health services
You can find more information about these services in your member handbook.
WellCare of North Carolina pays for medicines listed on our formulary and Preferred Drug List (PDL). This is a list of drugs that has been put together by doctors and pharmacists. Our network providers use this list when they prescribe a drug for you. To see our PDL, go to our Pharmacy Services Page.
Behavioral Health Services
Behavioral health care includes two subjects. There is mental health (your emotional, psychological, and social well-being). And there is substance (alcohol and drugs) use disorder treatment.
All members have access to services to help with:
- Help with alcohol or other substance use disorders
To learn more, go to our Behavioral Health Page.
If you have a certain health condition or disability, you may need help with day-to-day activities like:
- Doing household chores
A Care Manager is a specially trained health professional who works with you and your doctors to make sure you get the right care when and where you need it. To learn more, go to our Special Programs Page.