How to Join
What is WellCare Advocate?
WellCare Advocate is a managed, long-term care health plan designed specifically for people who have Medicaid and need health and long-term care services. With the goal of helping members with day-to-day activities, WellCare Advocate provides home and personal care so members can stay in their homes and communities.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for WellCare Advocate, you must:
- Have Medicaid or be eligible for Medicaid
- Be age 18 or older
- Live in Bronx, Kings (Brooklyn), Manhattan, Queens, Orange, Rockland, Albany, Ulster, Erie, Nassau, Suffolk, Richmond (Staten Island) and Westchester counties
- Be able to stay safely at home at the time you join the plan
- Need one or more of the following services for at least 120 days from the date that you join the plan:
- Adult day health care
- Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services
- Home health aide services in the home
- Nursing services in the home
- Personal care services in the home
- Private duty nursing
- Rehabilitation therapies in the home
To learn more about WellCare Advocate Managed Long Term Care or how to enroll, please call us at: 1-877-395-4282 (TTY 711) Monday–Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. We will put you in touch with a WellCare nurse, who will:
- Arrange for a meeting to review your needs
- Tell you about our plan
- Conduct a brief physical and health review
- Determine if you are eligible