New York Marketplace for QHP and Essential Plan (2017)
WellCare of New York has exited the Qualified Health Plans. These plans are no longer available as of January 1, 2017.
If you have questions:
- Call WellCare at 1-855-582-6172 (TTY 1-855-582-6171). Member Services agents are here for you Monday–Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Visit www.nystateofhealth.ny.gov. Learn more about the New York State of Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Call Medicare at 1-800-Medicare (1-800-633-2273), TTY 1-877-486-2048. Or visit www.medicare.gov to learn more about your options with Medicare.
WellCare of New York still offers the Essential Plan.
WellCare’s Essential Plan make sense if you want great health care with some valuable benefits. The Essential Plan may be right for:
- New York residents age 64 or younger with incomes between 138 and 200 percent of the federal poverty level.
- Legal immigrants ineligible for Medicaid because of waiting requirements.
- Lawfully present non-citizens ineligible for Medicaid or CHIP due to immigration status, with incomes between 0 and 138 percent of the federal poverty level.