WellCare of New Jersey is proud to provide extra benefits at no cost.
Cell Phone Program
You can get a free cell phone. A cell phone is helpful for staying in touch with your WellCare case manager, providers and family members, especially if you have a high-risk pregnancy.
Pregnancy and Newborn Care
If you are pregnant, you should see your provider soon after joining our plan. (This depends on your risk factors and how long you have been pregnant.) Be sure to go to all your prenatal and postpartum (after birth) visits. Member Services can help you set these up. Just call us at 1-888-453-2534 (TTY 1-877-247-6272).
Let Us Know When You Become Pregnant.
We can give you helpful information about having and caring for your baby. We can also enroll you in our free Prenatal Rewards Program. Here are a couple of other important things to remember:
- If you give birth while you are a WellCare member, we will cover the baby from birth.
- You must call the county welfare agency in your county to get your baby’s Medicaid ID number. Do not forget to call us to give us this number.
- You need to choose a primary care provider (PCP) for your baby. That way your baby can get needed checkups and shots. You must do this by the time your baby is born. If you do not, we will choose a provider for you.
Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
WIC is a special nutrition program for women, infants and children. The program provides:
- Nutrition education
- Nutritious food
- Referrals to other health, welfare and social services
- Support for breastfeeding mothers
Are you eligible to join? How do you apply? Call your local WIC agency to find out. You will need to make an appointment to talk with them. You will need to show proof of New Jersey residency and your income.