We have designed the WellCare associate benefits package for flexibility. Whether it is health coverage, investing for retirement or taking time off, you can select the options that best fit your needs. The benefits package is available to all WellCare associates working at least 30 hours a week. Associates are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Medical and Family Coverage
- Wellness Plan and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Basic Life Insurance and Supplemental and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life and Disability Benefits
- 401(k) Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off and Holidays and Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance and WellCare Associate Volunteer Efforts (WAVE)
WellCare is proud to offer a choice of three consumer-driven health plans:
• HRA with Copays Plan is a high deductible health plan with a company-funded health reimbursement account (HRA). This plan has higher premiums, but offers copays for certain services such as physician office visits, urgent care and standard laboratory and x-ray services.
• The High HSA Plan is a high-deductible health plan with an associate-funded health savings account (HSA). This plan features higher premiums than the Low HSA, but offers a lower deductible and a 20% coinsurance until the annual out of pocket maximum is met.
• The Low HSA Plan is a high-deductible health plan with an associate-funded health saving account (HSA). This plan features lower premiums than the High HSA, but offers a higher deductible and 30% coinsurance until the annual out of pocket maximum is met.
All three plans are structured with tobacco and non-tobacco user premiums, as well as a wellness premium credit. They all provide 100 percent coverage for preventive care and have an extensive nationwide network.
You may enroll dependents in many of our benefit plans. Eligible dependents include spouses, domestic partners, children and children of domestic partners.
WellCare has partnered with Vitality to offer you the Live Well Program. This innovative wellness program is designed to help you get educated, get healthy and get rewarded for taking care of yourself. The program takes a personalized, interactive approach, and considers your current overall health, lifestyle and health risk factors. With a wide variety of enjoyable and healthy activities, the Live Well program will help you establish and achieve your wellness goals, and reward you with better medical rates and incentives. Most importantly, you will be working toward, and achieving, better health!
Prescription Drug Coverage
Access to affordable, high-quality prescription drugs is bundled as part of the medical plan. With the mail-order option, you can save money on maintenance medications and enjoy the convenience of having a 90-day supply delivered right to your door.
You have the option to choose from three dental plans: a High Dental PPO, Low Dental PPO or Dental HMO.
You have the option to select vision coverage that includes the eye care exam, eyeglasses (lenses and frames) or contact lenses.
Basic Life Insurance
Basic life is 100% company-paid. The benefit is equal to a one-year annual salary for non-commissioned associates and $50,000 for commissioned associates.
Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Non-commissioned associates have the option of purchasing additional life coverage in $25,000 increments, up to seven times your base salary, rounded to the next highest $25,000 to a maximum of $700,000. Commissioned associates have the option of purchasing additional life coverage in $25,000 increments, up to a maximum of $350,000.
You may purchase optional coverage for your spouse, domestic partner, children and/or children of domestic partners.
Following 30 days of employment, associates 21 years of age or older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan. Associates can enjoy a tax benefit by making pre-tax or Roth contributions between 1 and 75% of eligible earnings to a variety of mutual funds to fit their investment profile. The company matches 50 cents for every dollar, up to 6% of eligible compensation. The vesting schedule for the company match is:
• 1 year of service - 34% vested
• 2 years of service - 67% vested
• 3 years of service - 100% vested
Flexible Spending Accounts
WellCare offers a fully array of Flexible Spending Accounts:
• Health Care Flexible Spending Account
• Limited Purpose Health Care Flexible Spending Account (HSA only)
• Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
• Commuter Spending Account
• Parking Reimbursement Spending Account
Paid Time Off and Holidays
We offer seven paid holidays and up to two floating holidays. In addition, employees accrue paid time off for vacations, illnesses or personal business based on years of service. Employees with fewer than five years of service receive 18 days; employees from 5 to 10 years receive 23 days; and employees over 10 years receive 28 days. Part-time associates accrue 80% of the full-time benefit.
WellCare offers a tax-exempt tuition reimbursement program that will provide financial support to eligible associates who participate in externally sponsored educational courses which meet the criteria. Such support is intended to enhance associates' professional development and their skills and knowledge related to our business.
This program provides confidential counseling services for associates and members of their household.
WellCare Associate Volunteer Efforts - WAVE
The WAVE program strives to enhance the health, well-being, safety and quality of life for the disabled, economically disadvantaged and medically underserved and the communities in which they live. Included in this effort is the WellCare Day of Service (DOS). Associates receive their normal compensation while participating in DOS volunteer events that take place during the work day and are specified, company-driven, group events coordinated by department leaders with pre-approved nonprofit organizations in the communities in which our members live.