Who is Eligible?
For the state of Nebraska, the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) administers and manages eligibility for Medicaid and economic assistance programs through ACCESS Nebraska. Individuals can apply for Medicaid benefits on the ACCESS Nebraska website, over the telephone with dedicated Medicaid eligibility customer service staff or by visiting designated local offices.
Here are some of the items you may need:
- Your original birth certificate (or a certified copy)
- A picture ID (like a driver’s license)
- Your Social Security number
- Information like your paycheck stub, child support, bank account details and other insurance you may have (through your job)
To enroll or renew with WellCare of Nebraska, please contact Nebraska's Heritage Health program:
- Visit the Nebraska Heritage Health website or
- Call ACCESS Nebraska at 1-855-632-7633 (TTY 1-402-471-7256) or stop by their office to complete the interview.