Case ManagementCase managers are nurses or social workers. They work with adults, children or both. Case managers are here to help you. They can:
- Help you learn about your health care
- Work with your provider when you have questions
- Make referrals to specialists
- Help the PCP, family and specialists share information
- Help you get rides to your appointments
- Help you get special equipment
- Get home health services if you need them
Some children need more care than others their age. This might be medical, behavioral or educational care. Case managers can get them special help if they are in a case management program.
Missouri Care supports pregnant women with a special program. It helps them stay healthy during their pregnancy. We make sure they get the health care services they need. If you are pregnant, tell the health plan right away so you can benefit from the maternity case management program.
If you are pregnant or if you or your children have a special need, call Member Services at 1-800-322-6027.
Disease ManagementMissouri Care offers services for members who have:
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)