Missouri Care Wants To Make Sure You Stay Healthy.
Having regular cancer screenings is one of the best things you can do for your health. Screenings help find problems before they become serious. If you catch a problem early, there is a better chance to cure it.
Most cancer screenings are a covered benefit for Missouri Care members.
To find out more, call Missouri Care at 1-800-322-6027.
Are You Due For A Cancer Screening?
You can check our schedules below to see if you are. You may need to follow a different schedule if you are at a high risk for cancer. People at high risk may have a personal or family history of cancer or certain health conditions. Call your PCP to find out if a cancer screening is right for you.
For people aged 20 or older having periodic health exams, a cancer-related check-up with your primary care provider (PCP) should include health counseling and, depending on a person’s age and gender, exams for cancers of the thyroid, oral cavity, skin, lymph nodes, testes, and ovaries, as well as for some non-malignant (non-cancerous) diseases.
Take Control of Your Health and Reduce Your Cancer Risk.
- Stay away from tobacco
- Get to and stay at a healthy weight
- Get moving with regular physical activity
- Eat healthy with plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Limit how much alcohol you drink (if you drink at all)
- Protect your skin
- Know yourself, your family history, and your risks
- Have regular check-ups and cancer screening tests
- Information on how to reduce your cancer risk and other questions about cancer, please call us anytime, day or night, at 1-800-227-2345 or visit us online at www.cancer.org
Adapted from the American Cancer Society Guidelines for the Early Detection of Cancer.