We are delighted to inform you that WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG), the parent company of Harmony Health Plan of Illinois, Inc., has completed its acquisition of Meridian Health Plan, Inc.
As a result of the acquisition, all Harmony Medicaid members will transition to Meridian’s Medicaid plan (MeridianHealth) on January 1, 2019. This has been approved by the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS). MeridianHealth (Meridian) and Harmony’s goal is to ensure this transition is seamless, with minimal disruption for plan members and providers. Harmony remains committed to the care of its members and the payment of all verified claims for services rendered by providers through December 31st, 2018.
What is changing?
- Meridian and Harmony Medicaid plans are merging and will operate together as one plan in 2019:
- Effective January 1, 2019, Harmony members will be transitioned to Meridian’s Medicaid plan (MeridianHealth);
- Harmony’s MCO contract with HFS will conclude and the Harmony Medicaid plan will no longer operate after December 31, 2018.
- We are in the process of notifying Harmony Medicaid members that they will become Meridian members and will begin receiving Meridian-branded materials on January 1, 2019.
- The Harmony MCO contract with HFS will conclude at the end of 2018.
What is NOT changing?
- WellCare and Meridian Medicare plans will continue to operate separately in 2018 and 2019:
- The WellCare Medicare plan will not change and contracts remain in effect;
- The Meridian Medicare plan will not change and contracts remain in effect;
- The 2018 Medicare Advantage benefits for members enrolled in each plan remain as published and approved by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS);
- Medicare Advantage benefits for 2019 will be reflected in materials for the 2019 open enrollment period, October 15, 2018 – December 7, 2018 for a January 1, 2019 effective date.
- If you are currently a part of the Meridian network, nothing is changing. Your Meridian contract and your relationship with Meridian remains the same. If you are not currently a part of the Meridian network, a network representative will contact you to initiate a Meridian contract discussion. Our goal is to maintain all existing provider-member relationships.
We look forward to our continued partnership and working together to provide high-quality healthcare to individuals and families throughout Illinois.
We've put together a list of Frequently Asked Questions that may have the answers you're looking for. If you still have other questions or need support you may:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Contact your provider relations representative; or
- Contact Harmony Provider Relations or the Meridian Provider Services team:
Harmony Health Plan
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST
MeridianHealth – Illinois
1-866-606-3700 (TTY 711) (Medicaid)
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CST