‘Ohana Health Plan provides behavioral health benefits to members enrolled in our Medicaid plans. We are committed to quality service and partnership with providers to ensure members get the most of their benefits.
In the event of a crisis, please direct members to the Department of Health access line at 1-800-753-6879.
The plan offers additional behavioral health care management services for qualifying adults with a diagnosis of serious persistent mental illness.
Behavioral health services requiring prior authorization include:
- Acute inpatient
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- ECT treatment
- Psychological testing
Behavioral health services that do NOT require prior authorization:
- Psychiatric or psychological evaluations
- Physician services including medication management
- Some outpatient counseling and therapy (Reference the Behavioral Health Authorization List below for code details)
- Methadone treatment services