Basic Adult Dental
`Ohana now offers basic dental coverage for adults!
Beginning January 1, 2019:
Basic dental coverage is available to adult members who do not have other health insurance. (21 years and older)
|Service||Description and Limitations|
|Examination|| One periodic or comprehensive oral evaluation per year
|Cleaning|| Prophylaxis-adult, administered every six months
|Periapical X-ray||Two radiographic images per year|
|Bitewing X-ray||Two radiographic images per year|
|Topical fluoride||Fluoride varnish administered every six months|
|Non-emergent tooth extraction or filling||Limited to either one extraction or one filling per year|
Don’t forget that `Ohana also offers Over-the-Counter (OTC) and GED supplemental benefits as well!
Over The Counter (OTC) – Get certain OTC items sent to you each month. Items are mailed at no cost.
- Limited to $10 per month, per household
- Amount does not rollover and must be used during the current month
- Delivery of products can take up to 10-14 business days
GED Benefit (GED Exam or HiSet Exam) - Available to any active 'Ohana member. Member must be:
- At least 18 years old
- Does not have a high school diploma
- Not currently enrolled or attending high school
Diabetes Prevention Program
‘Ohana offers a Diabetes Prevention Program to health plan enrollees who meet specific requirements.
Am I eligible?
You may qualify if you meet the below criteria:
- Are 18 or older
- Have a body mass index of at least 25 (or at least 23 if you identify as Asian)
- Have had at least one of the three following results within the first 12 months of the program:
- A hemoglobin A1c test between 5.7 and 6.4 percent
- Fasting plasma glucose between 100 and 125 mg/dL
- Two-hour plasma glucose between 140 and 199 mg/dL
- Haven’t been diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes (other than gestational diabetes)
- Don’t have end-stage renal disease
- Haven’t enrolled in the program before
Want to learn more?
Call us toll-free: 1-888-846-4262 (TTY 711)
Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Hawai`i Standard Time
We wish you good health. We look forward to serving you.