Resource Mothers Outreach
The P4HB® program also provides Resource Mothers Outreach. This is for enrollees who have had a very low birth weight (VLBW*) baby. Resource Mothers work with case managers. They help enrollees form healthy habits and get the right medical care. They also help with regular preventive health visits. They connect enrollees to community resources, too.
Who is Eligible?
- Women ages 18 through 44 who have delivered a very low birth weight (VLBW*) baby on or after January 1, 2011 and who qualify under:
- The Low Income Medicaid Class of Assistance under the Georgia Medicaid State Plan who are already enrolled in Georgia Families; or
- The Aged Blind and Disabled Classes of Assistance under the Georgia Medicaid State Plan
What are the Benefits?
- Case management
- Early identification of special needs
- Assessment of risk factors
- Care planning
- Referrals and help to ensure timely access to care
- Resource Mothers Outreach
- Resource Mothers Outreach activities
- Help with personal and social problems
- Nutrition guidance
- Referrals for help to quit smoking
- Help with medical appointments for you and your baby
- Emotional support following substance abuse treatment
*Note: VLBW is a birth weight below 1,500 grams (3.3 pounds).