How to Join
What is Planning for Healthy Babies®?
Planning for Healthy Babies® works to reduce the rate of low birth weight and very low birth weight births in Georgia. We provide family planning services to women who do not qualify for other types of Medicaid benefits.
Who is Eligible?
Women who meet the following may apply:
- Resident of Georgia
- U.S. citizen or person with qualified proof of citizenship
- Age 18–44
- Do not have health insurance
- Income below a certain level
- Eligible for family planning services only or
- Eligible for care between pregnancies and for family planning services
What Benefits Can I Get?
- Family planning initial or annual exams (one per year)
- Contraceptive services and supplies
- Patient education and counseling
- Follow up family planning visits
- Counseling and referrals to social services
- Family planning lab tests:
- Pregnancy tests
- Pap Smear
- Testing for STI(s)
- Treatment and follow up for STI(s), except HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis
- Antibiotic treatment for STI(s)
- Treatment for limited infections that are found during a routine family planning visit
- Family Planning pharmacy visits
- Prescriptions for vitamins/folic acid
- Select immunizations for participants ages 19 and 20. Participants age 18 get vaccines for free.
And much more.
How Do I Apply?
Just go online or get a form at your health department or DFCS office.
Have questions? Call Customer Service at 1-877-379-0020. TTY 1-877-247-6272.
You can also visit the Planning for Healthy Babies® website.