Staywell knows that living independently is important to you. It’s also important to do so safely. We can help you understand your options.
Our nursing home transition program includes:
Transition Assistance – Nursing Facility to Community Setting
- Up to $5,000 to help you transition from a nursing home to a community setting
- A care team to help you work toward your goals
Intermittent and Skilled Nursing
- Extra nursing help if you do not need nursing supervision all the time or need it at a regular time
- Call for help with rides to medical visits
- We can help adapt your home to help you live safely
- We offer respite care so your caregivers get an opportunity to take a break
How to Enroll in the Long Term Care Program
The state’s Long Term Care (LTC) program provides nursing facility services. Staywell will cover these services at no cost to you. You may live in a Medicaid nursing facility full time. If so, you are probably already in the LTC program. Are you unsure if you are enrolled in the LTC program? Call Member Services. We can help you. The program is for elders and adults (ages 18 years and older) with disabilities. The LTC program also provides help for people living in their home. Home and community-based services help people stay in their homes. Get services like:
- help with bathing, dressing and eating
- help with chores
- help with shopping
Space is limited for these in-home services. Before you can receive these services, you must be screened. You have to speak with someone who will ask you questions about your health. This is called a screening. The Department of Elder Affairs’ Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRC) completes these screenings. Once the screening is complete, your name will go on a waiting list. When you get to the top of the waiting list, the Department of Elder Affairs Comprehensive Assessment and Review for Long-term Care Services (CARES) program will ask you to provide more information about yourself. This is to make sure you meet other medical criteria to receive services from the LTC program. Once you are enrolled in the LTC program, we will make sure you continue to meet requirements for the program each year.
Do you have more questions? Call your local ADRC. You can find the phone number for your local ADRC using this map. They can also help answer any other questions that you have about the LTC program.
Area Agencies on Aging – Planning And Service Area (PSA)
- PSA 1: Northwest Florida Area Agency on Aging, Inc. 5090 Commerce Park Cir. Pensacola, FL 32505; (850) 494-7101; www.nwflaaa.org
- PSA 2: Advantage Aging Solutions 2414 Mahan Dr. Tallahassee, FL 32308; (850) 488-0055; www.aaanf.org
- PSA 3: Elder Options 100 SW 75th St., #301 Gainesville, FL 32607; (352) 378-6649; www.agingresources.org
- PSA 4: ElderSource, The Area Agency on Aging of Northeast Florida 10688 Old St. Augustine Rd. Jacksonville, FL 32257; (904) 391-6600; www.myeldersource.org
- PSA 5: Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas, Inc. 9549 Koger Blvd. Gadsden Bldg., Ste. 100 St. Petersburg, FL 33702; (727) 570-9696; www.agingcarefl.org
- PSA 6: Senior Connection Center, Inc. 8928 Brittany Way Tampa, FL 33619; (813) 740-3888; www.seniorconnectioncenter.org
- PSA 7: Senior Resource Alliance 3319 Maguire Blvd., Ste. 100 Orlando, FL 32308; (407) 514-1832; www.seniorresourcealliance.org
- PSA 8: Area Agency on Aging for Southwest Florida 2830 Winkler Ave, Ste. 112 Fort Myers, FL 33916; (239) 652-6900; www.aaaswfl.org
- PSA 9: Area Agency on Aging of Palm Beach/Treasure Coast 4400 N. Congress Ave. West Palm Beach, FL 33407; (561) 684-5885; www.youragingresourcecenter.org
- PSA 10: Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward County, Inc. 5300 Hiatus Rd. Sunrise, FL 33351; (954) 745-9567; www.adrcbroward.org
- PSA 11: Alliance for Aging, Inc. 760 NW 107th Ave. Ste. 214, 2nd Floor Miami, FL 33172: (305) 670-6500: www.allianceforaging.org
Not a member yet?
Enroll with Staywell. You must be eligible for Florida Medicaid. You can call Medicaid Choice Counseling toll-free at 1-877-711-3662 (TTY 1-866-467-4970), Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–8 p.m., and Friday, 8 a.m.–7 p.m. You can also visit the SMMC website at www.flmedicaidmanagedcare.com. A Medicaid Choice Counselor will help you select a plan.
Staywell Health Plan is a Managed Care Plan with a Florida Medicaid contract. The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information, contact the Managed Care Plan. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or copayments/coinsurance may change.
LTC: Staywell Health Plans serves all areas in Florida except Broward County.