Staywell Specialty Health Plan
(for persons living with Serious Mental Illness)
Staywell works to address serious mental illness (SMI) by treating the “whole” member, providing:
- Coordinated behavioral, medical, pharmacy and support services – all offered “under one roof”
- A team-based approach, including behavioral and medical providers, licensed health clinicians and pharmacists
- Member connections to social support services that are critical to good health, such as: access to healthy foods, secure housing and reliable transportation to appointments
We go beyond the basics. There are many benefits available to Staywell plan members. We also provide extra benefits for our Specialty Health Plan (SMI) members:
Over-the-Counter (OTC): Get $35 worth of OTC items (per household) sent to you each month. Items are mailed at no cost. (allowances do not transfer to the next month)
24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line: 1-855-606-3622
If you or a family member is having a behavioral health crisis, call this number. A trained person will listen to your problem. He or she will help you decide the best way to handle it.
Community Connections Line: 1-866-775-2192
Call to connect with local, community-based services. They can help you with things like: food, transportation, child care and more. These services are offered at no cost to you.
Need more help?
Here are some additional, outside resources that may be able to assist:
- Virtual Support Groups - Mental Health of America
- NAMI of Florida
- Federation of Families – Florida
- National Suicide Prevention
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- National Eating Disorders Organizations
To enroll with Staywell, you must be eligible for Florida Medicaid. You can call Medicaid Choice Counseling toll-free at 1-877-711-3662 (TTY 1-866-467-4970), Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–8 p.m., and Friday, 8 a.m.–7 p.m. You can also visit the SMMC website at www.flmedicaidmanagedcare.com.
A Medicaid Choice Counselor will help you select a plan.
Staywell Health Plan is a Managed Care Plan with a Florida Medicaid contract. The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information, contact the Managed Care Plan. Limitations, copayments and/or restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or copayments/coinsurance may change.
MMA/LTC: Staywell Health Plans serves all areas in Florida except Broward County.
SMI: Staywell Health Plans services all counties in Florida.