Children's Medical Services Health Plan (CMS Health Plan) covers prescription drugs as provided for in the Florida Agency For Health Care Administration (AHCA) Medicaid Preferred Drug List (PDL).
- The PDL is a list of drugs that we prefer your child's doctor use
- The drugs on the PDL are organized by brand and generic name
- Quantity, gender and age limits are also provided
- Some medications have additional criteria for use
Drug Evaluation Request Forms
- Prescriptions must be picked up at a pharmacy that is part of the plan network (A list of such pharmacies is in your provider directory)
- Prescription drugs the plan covers are on the PDL (Doctor's, pharmacists and nurses make this list)
13 and Under Requirements:Some drugs for children 13 and under require a consent form.
- A parent or legal guardian must complete and sign this form
- The parent or legal guardian should fill out a separate form for each prescribed drug
- Medicaid will no longer pay for these drugs without the signed form
- You and your doctor will need to be able to provide a copy of the form to the pharmacy when it is required
Customer Service can help. You can call us toll-free at 1-866-799-5321 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. (TTY 711).