Is It Hard for You to Get to Your Provider Appointments?
Do you have trouble getting around? Do you live in a rural part of the state? If so, Telehealth Services may be right for you. Telehealth Services are covered just like an in-person doctor visit. And these services may be available at no cost to you!
Telehealth Services Let You Visit with a Provider by Phone or Video.
You will get the care you need without driving a long distance. When you see a provider through Telehealth, it will be a lot like a regular office visit. Services may include everyday care for non-emergency conditions, behavioral health, dermatology, and more!
Services not covered include:
- Standard phone calls, faxes or email – combined or separate.
- Getting your medication based on an online survey.
Any in-person care that needs prior approval will need the same prior approval through Telehealth.
How do I get Telehealth Services?
We’ve made it easy. There are now two ways to get Telehealth Services:
1. Through Teladoc
We put access to quality care at your fingertips through Teladoc! Talk to a doctor anytime, anywhere by phone or video. Teladoc is available for:
- Everyday Care: Talk to a licensed doctor 24/7 who can treat non-emergency conditions such as the flu, sinus infections, sore throats, and more.
- Mental Health Care: Talk to a therapist 7 days a week (from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. in your local time zone). Teledoc’s experts provide support for anxiety, stress, depression, medication management, and more.
- Dermatology (included with some plans): upload images of skin issues online and get a custom treatment plan within two days for common skin conditions such as eczema, acne, rashes, and more.
There are three easy ways to access Teladoc:
- Phone: call 1-800-TELADOC (835-2362)
- Online: visit teladoc.com/Wellcare
- Mobile App: download the Teladoc Mobile App
2. Through Your Provider
Ask your provider if he/she offers Telehealth Services. Many providers offer this service directly. If so, your provider will give you all the information you need to get started.
Want to know more about Wellcare’s Telehealth Services? Contact us using the number on the back of your Member ID card.