WellCare of South Carolina Will Pay for the Drugs that Medicaid Requires You to Have.
It is also important to know that WellCare of South Carolina uses a Preferred Drug List (PDL).
- The PDL is a list of drugs that we prefer your doctor use
- The drugs on the PDL are organized by brand and generic name
- Quantity, gender and age limits are also provided
- Some drugs require step therapy - the use of other drugs first before they will be approved. These are noted with an "ST" (Step Therapy)
- Some of these drugs require a review and are noted with a "PA" (Prior Authorization).
Find a drug by searching our online tool or viewing/printing a PDL.
Search for a Drug
Printed Preferred Drug Lists
- WellCare of South Carolina Medicaid Preferred Drug List
- South Carolina Machine Readable File
- WellCare of South Carolina Notice of Change
If you need help, please call Member Services. You can reach them toll-free at 1-888-588-9842 (TTY 1-877-247-6272). Call Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.