The WellCare "Extras!"
We are excited to offer extra benefits and special programs to our members.
- No Cost Diaper Rewards Program - New moms and babies are eligible for diaper rewards for completing post-partum and well-child checkups
- OTC - Get up to $120 in free over-the-counter (OTC) items each year. Items are mailed right to your home. Choose from more than 150 items, like:
- Pain relievers
- Cold and allergy medicines
- Baby wipes
- Circumcisions - WellCare of South Carolina covers circumcisions for newborns ages 0 days to 6 months
- Discount Care - Provides discounts on everyday items as well as OTC items
- Free Wireless Cellphone - Includes 1000 minutes and unlimited text messages
- Free Electric Breast Pumps - For new mothers
- Hypoallergenic Bedding - WellCare will provide hypoallergenic bedding (for qualified members with asthma)
- 4-H Club - Covers cost of annual membership for members 5 to 18 years of age (select locations only)
-Training: Free Job Training and Financial Education classes, age 18 and older
-Reading Scholarships: Free reading scholarships for members in Pre-K to 5th grade looking to improve reading skills
-GED Program: Free GED testing for members 16 and older
- Boy Scouts - Provides a free annual membership to members ages 6-18 to join the Boy Scouts. Includes the fee for health and accident insurance along with an annual subscription of Boys Life Magazine
- Girl Scouts - Provides free annual membership for members ages 5-18 to join the Girl Scouts. Includes free annual adult membership allowing the parent to be troop leader and/or participate in other activities
- Boys and Girls Club - Provides membership for children ages 6-18 (does not include summer and program fees) to participate in local Boys and Girls Club
- Sports Activity Fee: Members ages 5-18 who complete an annual well-child visit and attest to it through Healthy Rewards can have their activity/registration fee covered (up to $40)
Services and Co-Payments
To get these services, you can talk with:
- Your Primary Care Physician
- Your Medicaid caseworker
- Your local Medical Assistance Customer Center (MACC)
- Our Member Services team
We can also give you help with how to see a provider for these services.
For a complete list of all the benefits covered by your plan, refer to your member handbook. For services and co-pays, please refer to the benefits and co-pays document.
Need help? Have any other questions? We can help. Call Member Services toll-free at 1-888-588-9842 (TTY 711). We're here for you Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.