In Lieu of Services
In Lieu of Services (ILOS) is an affordable alternative to a covered service. Our ILOS are thoughtfully selected to assist our Members.
They can help members avoid costly behavioral health treatments like:
- In‐patient hospital stays
- Emergency department visits.
Here are a list of the ILOS and reasons that may be an appropriate option for treatment and care of our members:
Intensive Outpatient for Mental Health (IOP)
- For members with a behavioral health diagnosis needing more intensive care (but not inpatient treatment); or
- Members discharging from inpatient care who need more than outpatient support
- Differs from Partial Hospitalization in that it is less intensive, fewer hours, and does not require the physician oversight that PHP requires
- It includes evidence-based therapies, including: Motivational interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
Rapid Care Services
- For members experiencing a behavioral health crisis that meets emergent or urgent triage standards
- It provides Rapid Care Services within an urgent care setting.
Institute for Psychiatric Care
- For members with Mental Health (MH) and Substance Use Disorders (SUD) who require inpatient behavioral health treatment.
Behavioral Health Urgent Care
- Provides urgent care standalone services for a member experiencing a behavioral health crisis that meets emergent or urgent triage standards.
Behavioral Health Crisis Assessment and Intervention
- For members experiencing an urgent or emergency crisis for mental illness and/or substance use
- This service is provided outside of a hospital setting, with staff dedicated to behavioral health crisis evaluation and response.
Programs for High Risk Populations
- Provides transitional step down services and support to members with complex medical and behavioral health conditions and unmet social needs.
Deciding if an ILOS is the correct approach is a team effort. We will work with your provider and/or Care Manager to make the best choice. The choice however, is still yours. You are not required to participate in any of these programs.
For additional questions please contact Customer service. You can call us toll-free at 1-866-799-5318 (TTY 711). We’re here for you Monday–Saturday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.