2017 WellCare Drug List (Formulary) Search Tool
The tool on this page allows you to search prescription drug names to determine WellCare's 2017 plan coverage for your Formulary.
Perform the search via the following steps:
Type the drug name in the search box, click the letter corresponding to the first letter of the drug for which you are searching, or click drugs on the therapeutic class.
If searching by drug name, choose drug, strength and dosage form. If searching by therapeutic class, select a subclass.
Search result is displayed, including:
- Formulary ID
- Brand Name/Generic Name: Name of drug (generic drug will be listed in italics under brand name drug) and applicable strength and dosage form. Brand name drugs will appear in capitalized letters. Generic drugs will appear in lower case letters and italicized.
- Therapeutic Class/Sub-Class: Indicates the drug’s class and sub-class. Both the class and sub-class are hyperlinked to provide a listing of all formulary drugs within the sub-class selected.
- Dose/Strength: Indicates the drug's dosage form and strength.
- Status: Indicates the drug’s status (tier number or non-formulary)
- Notes and Restrictions: Details any formulary restrictions on medications such as quantity limits, prior authorizations or step therapy requirements. Also indicates limited access medications and mail services availability when applicable.
- Formulary Alternative(s): Indicates alternative drugs available within the formulary.