WellCare of Kentucky is proud to provide extra benefits at no cost.
- Free Cellphone: Qualified members can receive a free cellphone through Safelink (tracfone). Members will have access to 350 minutes and unlimited text messages and 3 GB of data
Healthy Rewards Program
Get rewards for steps that help you live a healthy life. Get a prepaid Visa® debit card or gift card for completing health goals such as:
- See your PCP for an annual wellness visit
- Get all of the recommended well-child checkups for children younger than 21
- See the dentist, for ages 2 and older
Meals Program: The Meals Program is for members discharged from:
- An inpatient hospital
- Skilled nursing facility
- Behavioral health facility
Meals are delivered within 14 days of discharge. Members get 10 meals per authorization.
Vision: Members age 21 and over are eligible to receive an annual allowance of $150 to purchase eyeglasses or contacts every 12 months
Free Sports Physical: No co-pay for an annual physical from a PCP, for children ages 6-18.
OTC: Each head-of-household is eligible to receive OTC items each month that are mailed directly to their home:
- No prescription is required
- OTC allowance amount based on the Kentucky member’s household size
- Only WellCare of Kentucky Medicaid plan members residing in the same home will be counted as part of the household:
- 1-person household - $10 per month
- 2-person household - $20 per month
- 3+ person household - $25 per month
XtraSavings: WellCare of Kentucky members can save money and get additional discounts, two ways: OTC for Me and the CVS® Discount Card (for additional information sign in to the member secure portal)
Free GED Testing:A free GED test for members 16 and older who don't have a high school diploma. See our GED Eligibility Center for more details.
Reading Scholarship Application: We want to encourage the love of reading! To apply for your child, please fill out this form.
Free Text4Baby®: Free messages on your cellphone that offer health tips on pregnancy and baby’s first year. Just text BABY to 511411.
Boy Scouts: Free membership for boys 5-18 who join in the school year
Girl Scouts: Free membership for girls ages 6-18 who join in the school year. WellCare will cover a one-year membership fee for members age 21 and older.
- Training - Free job training and financial education class
- Reading Scholarships - Improves reading skills of qualified members in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade - to apply for your child, please fill out this form
- GED Program - Free GED test for members 16 and older (existing)
- Criminal Record Expungement (Certification Only) - WellCare will assist with application fees associated with criminal record expungement (as allowed by statute)
College Scholarship: Members have a chance to win one of 50y scholarships. Each scholarship is $1,000. Member must be at least 18 years of age. Member must be accepted to attend a College or a University of their choice.
Fitbit/Amazon Prime Membership: Members may receive one of these items as part of the Healthy Rewards Program after he or she completes Healthy Rewards activities
- To be eligible for a Fitbit, member must complete two (2) Healthy Reward activities
- To be eligible for Amazon Prime you must complete one activity to receive three (3) month Amazon Prime Membership
- Please note if you select Fitbit or Amazon you will not receive a reward card
Weight Watchers: WellCare offers this 6-month membership benefit. The program’s goal is to support healthy lifestyles and improve health outcomes, requiring:
- Member must be 13 years old or older (must be accompanied by an adult if under the age of 18)
- BMI must be greater or equal to 25 for adults 18 years or older (Children 13-19 ranked in 85% percentile)
*Member will have two options to select from WW – Weight Watchers Digital online only or Weight Watchers online with in person workshop