GED Test Benefit Program
When you sign up to take the GED test, you are helping improve your future. Harmony wants you to achieve this goal. That is why we will pay the testing fee for our eligible members.
How to Qualify for Harmony's Benefit Program for the GED Test:
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Not have graduated from an accredited high school
- Not have received a high school equivalency certificate or diploma
- Not be currently enrolled in a regular high school
- Have a valid ID card, driver's license or state ID
To Be Completed at GED Testing Center:Several tasks need to be done at an adult testing center. They can help you pass the test. Studies show that you are more likely to pass the test the first time if you follow these steps:
- Spend at least 40 hours in state-approved adult education classes
- Complete a TABE test
- Score a minimum overall average standard score of 500 on the Official GED Practice Test, and no lower than 450 on each subtest
Once you do these tasks, Harmony Health Plan will send you a letter with a voucher number. When you are ready to take the test, bring your voucher number, state ID card and Harmony ID card to the testing center.
Need a complete list of computer-based testing centers? Please visit GED Testing Services.
GED® is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education (ACE) and administered exclusively by GED Testing Service LLC under license. This content is not endorsed or approved by ACE or GED Testing Service.