Welcome to PeachCare for Kids®
Low-Cost Health Care for Kids 18 and Younger.
PeachCare for Kids® is the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) in Georgia PeachCare for Kids® is for kids who do not qualify for Medicaid. You must pay a monthly premium.
Children may be eligible* for services under PeachCare for Kids® if they:
- Are less than nineteen (19) years of age
- Have a family income that is less than two hundred thirty-five percent (235%) of the federal poverty level, who are not eligible for Medicaid, or
- Have services through another health insurance program
*As of January 1, 2012, employees of the State of Georgia may enroll their children in PeachCare for Kids® if the employee meets income and other eligibility requirements of the program.
How to Apply
You can apply for Peach Care for Kids® in person at your local Georgia Department of Medical Assistance.
Are You a State Employee, Teacher, School Personnel or Board of Regents Employee?
You could save more than $2,000 per year by switching your kids to PeachCare for Kids®. Your kids get vision, dental, sick child visits and more.
Alternative Format Services
What if you speak a different language or need something in Braille, large print or audio? Then we can help you. We have translation and alternative format services (including sign language). We can even arrange to have a translator or sign language interpreter at your appointments. Just give us a call. Call toll-free 1-866-231-1821. TTY users may call 1-877-247-6272. There’s no cost to you for this.
Helpful PeachCare for Kids® Information
We are happy to tell you about new benefits. They will not cost you a penny.
- $0 co-payments for urgent care visits
- Get $15 each month (that is $180 a year) for over-the-counter items such as sunscreen, aspirin, vitamins and more (over 100 items to choose from)
- We are pleased to introduce a scholarship to the Boys and Girls Club for members ages 6-18 (available only during the school year)
- $100 in hypoallergenic bedding to avoid asthma triggers is now available to qualified members
- Call Member Services for more information
Find a Provider
Our Find a Provider tool gives you information on participating providers in your area.
Nurse Advice Line
Contact Member Services weekdays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. The numbers to call are:
- PeachCare for Kids: 1-877-427-3224
- TTY/TDD: 1-877-247-6272