Welcome to PeachCare for Kids®
Low-Cost Health Care for Kids 18 and Younger.
PeachCare for Kids® is the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) in Georgia PeachCare for Kids® is for kids who do not qualify for Medicaid. You must pay a monthly premium.
Children may be eligible* for services under PeachCare for Kids® if they:
- Are less than nineteen (19) years of age
- Have a family income that is less than two hundred thirty-five percent (235%) of the federal poverty level, who are not eligible for Medicaid, or
- Have services through another health insurance program
*As of January 1, 2012, employees of the State of Georgia may enroll their children in PeachCare for Kids® if the employee meets income and other eligibility requirements of the program.
How to Apply
You can apply for Peach Care for Kids® in person at your local Georgia Department of Medical Assistance.
Are You a State Employee, Teacher, School Personnel or Board of Regents Employee?
You could save more than $2,000 per year by switching your kids to PeachCare for Kids®. Your kids get vision, dental, sick child visits and more.
Helpful PeachCare for Kids® Information
We are happy to tell you about new benefits. They will not cost you a penny.
- $0 co-payments for urgent care visits
- Get $15 each month (that is $180 a year) for over-the-counter items such as sunscreen, aspirin, vitamins and more (over 100 items to choose from)
- We are pleased to introduce a scholarship to the Boys and Girls Club for members ages 6-18 (available only during the school year)
- $100 in hypoallergenic bedding to avoid asthma triggers is now available to qualified members
- Call Member Services for more information
Find a Provider
Our Find a Provider tool gives you information on participating providers in your area.
Nurse Advice Line
Contact Member Services weekdays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. The numbers to call are:
- PeachCare for Kids: 1-877-427-3224
- TTY/TDD: 1-877-247-6272