How to Join
What is Staywell Kids?
Since 2003, Staywell Kids has provided affordable health coverage to children in our communities across the state. Our select group of doctors, hospitals and other providers are committed to helping you manage your child’s health care.
Staywell Kids provides its services through Florida HealthyKids. Florida HealthyKids is a public/private partnership that provides affordable, comprehensive health insurance for school-age children ages 5 through 18 in the state of Florida.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible, children must meet the following criteria:
- Between 5 and 19 years of age
- Not eligible for Medicaid or Children’s Medical Services
- Either a US citizen or a qualified alien
- Applicant child may not have access to employer sponsored insurance; or if have such access, then the cost exceeds 5% of the family’s income
- Applicant child has not voluntarily lost employer coverage within six months of application
- Applicant child is not eligible for Medicaid or the Children’s Medical Services Network (CMSN) as defined by the Florida KidCare Act (s409.810 – 409.820, Florida Statutes)
- As of July 2012, dependents of state employees are now eligible to participate in Staywell Kids
What Does It Cost?
With Staywell Kids, there’s no cost for extra benefits like over-the-counter vitamins, medicines and health supplies, wellness programs and visits to your primary care physician for well child care.
Extra benefits at no cost to help your child stay healthy:
- $0 co-pay for sports/school physical per year, provided by a PCP.
- Up to $100 in hypoallergenic bedding to avoid asthma triggers for qualified members.
- Free membership to the Boys and Girls Club (where clubs are available) for members ages 6-18 (available only during the school year).
- Free 24-hour Nurse Advice Line at 1-800-919-8807 (TTY 1-877-247-6272)
How Do I Enroll?
If you are eligible for Healthy Kids and would like to learn about joining Staywell Kids, or if you would like to learn more about qualifying for Florida’s Healthy Kids program, please call 1-800-821-5437 (TTY 1-877-427-9825) to speak with a representative.
Have questions? Call Customer Service at 1-866-698-5437 (TTY 711).