Low-Cost Health Care for Kids in Florida
Staywell Kids Members: We have some important news.
Our providers help manage your child's health care.
Extra Benefits at No Cost to Help Your Child Stay Healthy:
- Up to $100 in hypoallergenic bedding to avoid asthma triggers for qualified members
- Free scholarship to the Boys and Girls Club for members ages 6-18
- $0 co-payment for sports/school physicals per year provided by PCP
- Free 24-hour Nurse Advice Line at 1-800-919-8807 (TTY 1-877-247-6272)
What Is Healthy Kids?
- Florida Healthy Kids is a public/private partnership
- It provides affordable, comprehensive health insurance for children ages 5 through 18 in Florida
To be eligible for the program, children must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 5 and 18 years old
- Not eligible for Medicaid or Children’s Medical Services
- Either a U.S. citizen or a qualified alien
- Applicant child may not have access to employer sponsored insurance; or if have such access, then the cost exceeds 5% of the family’s income
- Applicant child has not voluntarily lost employer coverage within six months of application
- As of July 2012, dependents of state employees are eligible to participate in Healthy Kids
Healthy Kids program information: 1-800-821-5437 (TTY 1-877-427-9825)